Your HP laptop won’t turn on, and you have absolutely no idea what to do about it, right? There can be multiple causes for your laptop failing to switch on. You can readily fix some issues and for, some other causes you need to call an engineer to fix your laptop. Here are a few methods of troubleshooting that you can do on your own:
This is a commonly practiced procedure to check if your laptop screen is faulty. The below steps indicate how to do it properly:
- If your laptop’s front status light is blinking then you can check for the display by plugging an external monitor VGA cable connector into your HP laptop’s VGA port.
- Turn on the monitor to check if your display is the real problem. The external monitor can be activated by pressing the function key having monitor icon. It is imperative that you get your laptop servicing done if you are able to see HP or Windows splash screen on the external monitor display.
- If you do not see any response on the external monitor, then it means that either your laptop display is not working or the components that send data to the monitor are faulty.
“My HP Laptop Won’t Turn On” is a common complaint from several users at service centers. Here are the steps you need to follow to tackle such issues:
- Switch off your laptop and close its lid. Next, take out all the external devices and cables that are connected to the laptop such as mouse or keyboard or memory card or hard disk or flash drive or pen drive, etc.
- Unplug the charger from your laptop and flip it upside down. Now you need to remove the battery the locking mechanism of which is almost the same in all the models and it usually involves gently releasing a latch.
- Now that you have removed the battery you are required to press to hold the laptops’ on the button for about 15 seconds and then release it. Now, reconnect the HP laptop’s adapter.
- Again just as usual turn on your laptop by pressing the laptop power button with a battery yet uninstalled. This will make the laptop boot up again and a status light in the front must turn ON.
- You should be able to see the Windows and HP splash screens and the Window operating system should start loading. Your laptop is finally reset when it shows the desktop.
- Now, you need to once again shut down your laptop from the “Start” Menu. Once your laptop is switched off put the battery back in place and then turn the HP laptop ON to employ it.
The HP laptops come with a lot of troubleshooting tips and tricks for HP laptop not turning on. This method is specially used for recently updated Windows 10 setup. You may not be able to shut down your laptop especially after upgrading from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 to Windows 10. Here are the steps:
Step 1 – Instead of clicking on “Shut Down” button to power off the laptop you should click on the “Restart” button.
Step 2 – Once your computer is done restarting and the desktop is being shown on the display you can click on “Shut Down” button and you will find your laptop comfortably shutting down.
Hp Laptop Wont Turn On? Call Us!
This little trick is definitely impractical although it works! HP laptop will not turn on for many of the reasons as stated above and these issues can be handled by us at a reasonable fee.
However, there are some troubleshooting tips and tricks like rebooting, checking display through external monitors, etc. which should be performed prior to availing HP laptop support services as it works many times and saves money as well. If you are not able to fix the problem, then you can get in touch with HP laptop tech support or call us at +18448530222 for instant and effective solutions.